Friday, April 27, 2012

What is your phobia?

The title says it all.

What is your phobia?

Phobia - An extreme or irrational fear of or aversion to something

I'm pretty sure everyone has one. I think I have a phobia of scary/horror shows or books or anything related to it. I have no idea why but I just get freaked out by those stuff. Like those books my peers used to collect during our 'innocent' childhood days - 'Goosebumps'.

I love reading and one day, I decided to read one of them and boy, horrible mistake! I couldn't sleep for a few nights. I actually crawled into my grandma's bed and huddled next to her till the next morning. And I was 11 or 12 at that time? *shudders*

So I know, those books aren't for me. And then there was this time where my family had the tradition of decorating our Christmas tree together and during decoration, we would normally just switch on the TV. The show that we were watching together was a live-action of Kindaichi or at that time, I knew it as 金田一. When we were done decorating and it was time for me to go to bed, part I of the show ended. And I had to wait till next week to know what was the ending. FREAK!! I had to spend 1 week thinking of the ending and I remembered it was pretty scary for me as murders were involved within a group of friends who were out camping or so. Needless to say, I spent that 1 week curled up with my grandma again. >.>

And even after I watched the ending and knew that the murders were committed by some crazed human or so, I was still convinced that someone or something out there was gonna grab me. Pssft. I guess, the position I sleep in now is probably due to this incident. 

As you can see, I dread horror shows or books. Along with that, I dislike clowns and dolls. Not Barbie dolls but those dolls with creepy realistic looking eyes. URGH! Whenever trailers of these type of shows pop up in the cinemas, I would just close my eyes and cover my ears, well, to the best that I can.

And obviously I would not go watch an horror show willingly. OBVIOUSLY! But there are still people who try to persuade me to go along with them. And for them, I usually compromise by saying that if they fulfill 3 requirements, I'll go along.

So what are these 3 requirements?

1) Pay for my ticket in. (No way am I gonna pay for something which I have no interest in)
2) Buy me enough popcorn and drinks to last me for the entire show. (I need something to entertain myself.)
3) Bring blanket, earmuffs and something cuddly for me to hug during the show. (Yeaps, that's the main thing, I'll be huddled under the blankie, happily munching the food and being oblivious to what's going on.)

BEST! Hahahaha!

Ridiculous requirements right? But that's what you need to do in order to get me into a horror show.

Till today, I've only been into the cinema ONCE to watch an horror show. And apparently it wasn't really an horror show but more of a comedy-mixed-horror movie. =.= I remember the title of the show was 'Drag Me To Hell.' and I guess it did for that hour or so. =3=
But the 1st two requirements were fulfilled I think, the last one was kinda of tweaked I guess. No blankie or earmuffs but there was something for me to grip on to when I was scared out of my wits. 

I doubt my heart can take it~

So why the sudden talk of phobias?

Well, yesterday I was watching an 'horror' show. It was kinda like the 金田一 show I mentioned before but the ending was..... There's no ending yet. T^T So after the show last night, I wrapped myself in my blankie and didn't dare to get out of my room. Even when I wanted to go to the toilet. To make things worse, there was a really strong wind at that time and I could hear the door 'Kong. Kong. Kong.'!! Like there was someone there! Oh gosh, I tried so desperately to shut my eyes and force myself to sleep but to no avail. Only after much praying and keeping my mind off that darn show, I managed to. No grandma for me to hug this time round. 

So moral of the story, do not watch an horror or similar show at night... alone.

For me at least. Hahaha! Though I learn through psychology that it is possible to overcome your phobia during conditioning but I think I'll just go with the other way - Avoidance. =P

So what are your greatest fears or phobias? I know there are some weird phobias like Melophobia (fear of music), or Arachibutyrophobia (fear of peanut butter sticking to the roof of your mouth. =.=) or even Panophobia which is the fear of everything. Yea, I know right. o.O

I know there's this disgusting photo where a girl had like hundreds of holes on her arms and it kinda of 'test' whether you have the fear or phobia of small holes of something. And that photo was just bugging my mind that entire day. Urgh! And now, maybe it's in your mind too. =P

To take your mind off that, here's some pictures of Lassie with her favourite blankie. =D

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...