Thursday, April 5, 2012

OH GOSH! I'M A WORRIER!

Alright, if you guys followed me on Twitter, you would have seen my tweet regarding me having a mild case of GAD & OCD.

Mild, that's what I think.

So what's GAD & OCD?

Generalized anxiety disorder (GAD) is a pattern of frequent, constant worry and anxiety over many different activities and events. 

(http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0001915/)

Obsessive-compulsive disorder is an anxiety disorder in which people have unwanted and repeated thoughts, feelings, ideas, sensations (obsessions), or behaviors that make them feel driven to do something (compulsions).
(http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0001926/)

Alright, I just googled them and those were the 1st links shown. Hahaha! But essentially, they were what I was learning about in Psychology class today.

During my readings, I read about GAD & didn't think much of it until Prof made us do a quiz to see if we're a worrier. Out of 13 points, majority of the people scored like 1, 0.7 and the highest I knew was a 4. Which implied that they weren't worriers. Can you guess my score?
.
.
.
.
.
8.34!!

I was like, "I'm screwed".

And right above my depressing score of 8.34 was a line from my Prof which goes:

If your score is 7 or above, you have a lot of worries.  You may be at risk for GAD.  You should seek advice and further assessment from the SMU Counseling Center.

Needless to say, I got teased badly by my friends after that.

So I was wondering, do I really worry that much? There were 4 main things that I listed down in my 'worry list' which were my studies, family, friends & future.

Don't people worry about them??!!

Gosh! And to add on to this 'discovery', when reading up about OCD, I realize I have a few compulsive behaviours. Like checking my bag repeatedly to ensure my wallet is there and pushing the door several many times to ensure it's lock. Small case, but I should just remind myself not to let it increase.

So for those people who were really concerned & messaged me, don't worry, it's just an official diagnosis from Dr. Jo. Hahahaha!

Anyway, just read something on my bestie blog and wanted to share! So sweeeeeeeet! And please, do not upload those old neoprints. I'll faint on the spot. Even looking at them, I think I will. (I'm your faithful stalker too! =P)

Tomorrow is my last day of school! Woohoo! Then it will be a week of studying before going for the final sprint: Finals! It's all gonna be over on 19th April! After that, I'm going to enjoy my summer!!

But before that, FINALS....=.=

Shall amuse myself with hairdye tomorrow~ Have shortlisted on a few colours but not really sure which one to go for~ Oh well, you get to see it tomorrow on Twitter I guess. Heehee!

Shall go off & rehearse my final presentation. Before that, shall share a small lame joke I made. (My friends insisted that it was a sign of GAD in me. Pssft!)

*Jo & Jian Hui queuing up for awesome pasta @ SMU*
*Pasta Stall Auntie recognizes us as people who always choing down during break to dapao food*

Jian Hui: 1 Carbonara please.
Pasta Stall Auntie: Ok! *scribbles order*
*JH pays*
Jo: Auntie, 1 Carbonara!
Pasta Stall Auntie: Oh, you two are together right!
Jo: Nope, we're not together but you can put our orders together! *smiles*

*Friends at the back face-palmed and die*

If you don't get the joke......... Well, I hope you do get the joke.

Hahahahah! It was pretty funny! Gonna miss my group mates a lot! Alright, more from me soon! Jaa~

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...